Description explorer is a set of tools (graphical and command-line) used to identify files, verify file as well manage the metadata associated with those files. It supports an internal mechanism for storing metadata via the DEX Database (fully compatible with 4NT/4DOS Descript.ion) s, it also support direct modification of JPEG (using XMP) and ID3 tagged MP3 files.
The following tools are included in Description Explorer:
- Metaexplore: Graphical file manager and Windows explorer clone that permits identification of different files, as well as extracting and modifying the metadata associated with those files. Als permits creating HTML and CSV reports on the identified files.
- DOMView : A binary DOM inspector and binary file decompermitting to view the internal data of common file formats in a very visually representative way,
it also supports copying the data of the file to the clipboard.
- Metaedit: Permits synchronizing metadata from different sources. Also supports exporting the metadata to different formats simultaneously. Currently supports NTFS SummaryInfo streams, embedded metadata, PAD Specification metadata, sidecar XMP files as well as DEX Databases.
- Windows shell extensions that permit viewing metadata directly in Windows explorer. There is also a property sheet handler
that permits to update the DEX database.
- Command-line tools: copy, rename and move files which also synchronize the DEX Database. It also contains a command-line tool to edit the metadata associated with the files.
Furthermore, the identification part relies on a text database (similar to the UNIX magic file) that can easily be modified and extended.
Currently identifies about 600 file formats, and extracts metadata from about 30 major file formats including PDF, PNG, OLE (DOC), RIFF (AVI, WAVE), IFF (AIFF), EXE, SGML (HTML), RTF, MP3, ASF (WMA, WMV), TIFF and JPEG.
This is the freeware version, the professional version has additional features.
|Download-by.net does not support the use of pirated software. Instead of using a "free" crack or serials to programs that you have not bought, you should buy the software. You support future software development by not using cracks or a serial key that is not your own.|
Operating systems: Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, WinXP, Windows2003, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Busi
System requirements: 16 Mbytes of RAM.
Installation: Install and Uninstall
Release status: Beta
Better File Select
PDF to IMAGE component unlimitedLicense
Exchange Server Data Recovery